Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Soy Market Firm and Mixed at Midday
- Soybean trading through midday has the board within 2 cents of the open. November and Jan contracts are in the black while March through July are weaker. Soymeal prices are gaining through midday, up by $2.80 to $3.10/ton so far. BO futures are giving back their triple digit gains from...
- Cattle Fading for Thursday
- Fat cattle futures are trading lower so far for Thursday’s midday. Prices are 30 to 92 cents weaker, led by December. Cash cattle trade for the week was seen from $123 - $126 and $196 - $200 in the beef so far. Feeder cattle prices are pulling back from early...
- Cotton Market Weakening on Thursday
- Thursday trading has front month cotton futures 63 to 75 points in the red. October contracts are down by 117 points so far, though open interest is limited to only 215 contracts in that delivery month. Export Sales data for cotton from the week ending 9/9 showed 284,813 RBs were...
- Corn Markets Pulling Back at Midday
- Domestic corn trading has the board 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 cents lower for Thursday’s midday. Poor weekly export sales are the main influence, with the lack of New Orleans origination crimping sales. Crude Oil prices are also pulling back after the recent rally. Midday crude was down 35 cents...
- Thursday Mixed for Wheat
- Wheat futures are mixed so far for Thursday’s midday. Chicago futures are trading lower with midday losses of 1 1/2 to 3 3/4 cents. KC wheat is stronger so far, up by as much as 2 1/2 cents for the front months. Spring wheat prices are mixed, trading within 2...
- Hogs Gaining Triple Digits So Far
- Midday hog futures are up $1.85 to $3 so far. October contracts are leading the way, though triple digit gains extend past June ’22 contracts. USDA’s National Average Base hog price fell $1.91 on Thursday morning to $81.61. The CME Lean Hog Index for 9/13 was 63 cents weaker to...