Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Cattle Fall Triple Digits
- Live cattle futures were down by $1.50 to $1.87 on Tuesday after ags mostly fell out of the extended weekend. Feeder cattle futures closed with $1.40 to $1.80 losses on the day. Fat cattle futures are 60 cents to $1 weaker through midday. Feeders are also down by 70 to...
- Double Digit Drops for Tuesday Wheat
- CBT SRW futures ended the day with 4% to 4.6% losses of as much as 39 cents. KC wheat futures ended the day with 48 1/4 to 51 1/2 cent losses. Spring wheat futures were down by 6% weaker in September to below the $9/bu mark. NASS data had the...
- Lean Hogs Close Mixed
- The nearby premiums for lean hog futures expanded by ~$2-$4 with July and August closing $2.55 to $2.97 higher and the deferreds ending $0.17 to $1.50 weaker. July now holds a $6.20 premium to August and a near $30 premium to December. USDA’s National Average Afternoon Base Hog price was...
- Corn Futures Red After 4th
- The front month corn futures market ended the Tuesday after the 4th with 4.4% to 4.77% losses of as much as 29 cents. December did bounce by 7 1/2 cents from the day’s low into the bell. July corn ended wat $7.36, with no CME confirmed deliveries. NASS reported 7%...
- Hard Losses in Tuesday Soy Market
- Wednesday’s soy market will trade with expanded limits as soybean oil stayed lock limit down most of Tuesday. For beans that is +/- $1.75, meal has a $45/ton limit tomorrow, and BO can trade within 750 points. At the close on Tuesday to start the week, soybean futures were up...
- Cotton Closes Limit Lower
- The front month cotton futures complex ended the day with the limited 40 cent losses. July ’23 closed 373 points lower and did not reach the limit. Old crop July’s preliminary OI was just 70 contracts as of Friday. USDA’s weekly Crop Progress report showed 44% of the cotton crop...