Kensington, Kansas (66951)
- Pre-Weekend Selling in Cotton Market
- Cotton futures tumbled on the last trade day of the Thanksgiving week to go into the weekend triple digits lower. Front months were 193 to 272 points in the red at the bell. For December that meant it closed the week as a net 382 point loss. USDA’s weekly Export...
- Cattle Fade into Weekend
- Feeder cattle closed off their lows, which had the front months down by triple digits, but still lower by 80 to 95 cents across the front months. Fat cattle were also red on Friday, but limited the pullback to 30 cents in the front months. For the week, Dec cattle...
- Hog Futures Turn Red for Close
- Front month lean hog futures gave back their initial gains on Friday and went into the weekend 17 to 45 cents in the red. For Feb, that ended the week as a net $1.05 drop. The USDA National Average Base Hog Price was down 84 cents to $86.61. The CME...
- Soy Futures Fade into Close
- Beans stayed in the black for the bell, but dropped over a dime from the Friday highs. At the close front month soybeans were fractionally to 1 1/2 cents in the black. For the week, Jan beans gained 5 1/4 cents. Meal futures traded mostly red on Friday, but closed...
- Afternoon Tumble in Wheat Futures
- After trading modestly higher through midday on Friday, the wheat markets turned south and ended the day down by double digits. SRW futures closed 13 to 18 cents weaker in the front months, which completed the week as a 31 3/4 cent loss for December. KC futures ended the trade...
- Corn Bounces into the Weekend
- Friday’s 4 to 5 cent gains in old crop left the board fractionally mixed for the week. New crop futures bounced 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 cents, ending with Dec ’23 as a net 1/4 cent gain for the week. Chinese Dalian Corn Futures were trading on Thursday while the...